Wednesday, October 22, 2008

$154,000!!!

One question:

Was this $154,000 wardrobe and make-up shopping spree done with tax-free donations?*  I really don't know.  My accountant tells me that my work wardrobe (about $600 spent at Macy's and Eddie Bauer last year) is not tax deductible.

Another thing: $5000 was spent at men's and children's stores!!  That's a lot of snow machine suits and maternity dresses.

But it's okay, according to an RNC spokesman, all the clothing will be donated to charity after the campaign.  I suppose street people in Wasilla, Alaska will be wearing $3,000 skirt suits this winter.  Craven.  For this spokesman to even try to excuse this type of spending is cynical and condescending.  Are we all fools? 

I guess I do not live in "real America" and I have no concept how "real Americans" like Governor Palin spend money.  The Republican National Committee can dress up their real-life Barbie doll what ever way they desire; I wonder what the average Republican voter spends on their wardrobe.

Just make sure it's after tax dollars.



UPDATE: 

According to the RNC website
Contributions or gifts to the Republican National Committee are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

So I have no beef; they can spend their money on whatever they please, it just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

No comments: