Thursday, April 21, 2011

Breitbart's Lord of the Flies moment



... with Glenn Beck playing the part of Piggy. Breitbart called Shirley Sherrod a racist (bearing false witness) and blames Beck. To wit:




According to Mr. Breitbart, fellow Tea Partier Glenn Beck first joined him in editing and eviscerating Ms. Sherrod's 2010 N.A.A.C.P. speech on the radio, before publishing the unedited version on his Web site, discrediting Mr. Breitbart on television and calling for his apology.


"Next thing I know, I'm under complete attack without the support of Glenn Beck, who I thought was somebody I could count on," Mr. Breitbart told the Transom. "He threw me under the bus."





It seems Glenn Beck is becoming the fall guy for all seasons among conservatives who, like the boys in Lord of the Flies, pick on doughy nerd, but Glenn's not going down without a fight, and the feud is righteous.

No comments: