Monday, April 10, 2006

My latest letter to Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mi)

To the Honorable Fred Upton:

I’ll take the Constitution, thank you. You are my representative and I am asking you to either explain the actions and policies of this president, or act to rid us of him.

I’m not sure what the motivation of the Bush administration has been. He says he’s protecting freedom, yet he ignores the fourth amendment. He says he supports the troops and clandestine services, yet he leaks the identity of a CIA operative for political purposes.

I trust the Constitution. I don’t trust George W. Bush. I cannot know Bush’s motives, and frankly I don’t give a damn why he does the idiotic things he does. I didn’t vote for him and wish he had never come out of his Texas backwater. He is the chief executive charged with enforcing the Constitution and he is not doing it.

I have elected representatives who are charged with checking and balancing the president when he is negligent or incompetent. Do it. The administration must be called to answer for the travesties of unnecessary war, raging federal deficits, buildings falling down, governmental incompetence, personal irresponsibility, war profiteering, lying, no-bid contracts, cherry-picked intelligence, “thousands” of tactical military errors, etc, etc.

We’ve had enough and our country is at stake. Now the time is over for negotiation and deliberation. If my elected officials will not call out this administration and this buffoon of a president, then who will?

We have a Constitution that provides remedies for these criminally negligent policies and actions. Mr. Upton, I know you are a Republican, and despite that character flaw you earned my vote the last two election cycles mainly because I (perhaps foolishly) believed that one should vote for the man and not the party.

Dig deep, Mr. Upton, and do the right thing. Act to impeach this hollow fart of a man before he damages this nation further. You are my representative, do what is best for your constituency. Impeach him. Or explain to me why not.

(Signed)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said; curious as to whether or not the comments on "character flaw" and "hollow fart" will elicit a response. Keep up the righteous work!

Huf