"Breitbart is a con artist, but con artists succeed if consumers don’t know they are being conned – or don’t care."
When "journalists" report, we all need to be skeptical-- especially when they report about the Obama Administration-- lest we be taken in by the canards of a con man. The most recent scam is a textbook con job with all the elements designed to stir up divisiveness based on fear and loathing. It's sad, really.
- The Racism canard: Breitbart is unrepentant.
- The Hatch Act canard: The right-wing keeps puking on itself, regardless of the facts.
- The "Amen" canard: Breitbart is still unrepentant.
- The False Equivalency canard, i.e., "the lefties do it, too." Al Sharpton notwithstanding, in my opinion the left pales in comparison.
- The Fox News is Fair and Balanced canard; they were complicit in promulgating the defamation of Sherrod... and then lied that they didn't call her racist.
- The Mistakes Were Made canard: These are not errors, they are tactical and purposeful, as evidenced by Breitbart's past transgressions, and his buddy O'Keefe's lies.
The opinion piece of the Sherrod/Breitbart scandal that I wish I had written: In place of any screed I could scribble, PZ has penned the perfect post.
Meanwhile, there has been real racism at the USDA, that's the irony... but that's another story.