Monday, July 21, 2008

If McCain is Elected, Who will Run the Country?

I have always liked John McCain, and I have voted for him in two separate Republican primaries (2000 and 2008), but I cannot support him in the general election. He has served this nation admirably, fought in a war that was difficult to reckon, sustained torture that he could have avoided and he left a piece of his ass in Viet Nam. John McCain is a hero's hero, and he gets my everlasting respect, but, alas... he will not get any more of my votes.

Much like Ronald Reagan, if elected McCain will take office at an advanced age and the evidence shows that he is not at the top of his game. Reagan lost the reins of government along with his mentation somewhere around 1985 and thus allowed a criminal element to run a foreign policy agenda that was not consistent with our national interests. These usurpers backed dictators in our name, sold weapons to terrorists in Iran and assassinated democratically elected leaders in central and South America, all while Ronald Reagan's cerebrum wasted away, unbeknownst to us.

We cannot afford such a travesty again. Listen to this and tell me if John McCain's processes of cognition are intact enough to run this nation:



And in kind of an eery happenstance, Aricept has an Alzheimer's add that features a John McCain look-a-like:














[At the end I expected to hear "I'm John McCain and I, ummm, approve this message, right, dear?"]

Weird. And I would have thought the drug companies wanted another demented Republican at the helm; god knows they've done very well with the current one.

No comments: