Friday, June 26, 2009

Baseball Weekend: Sox host Cubs


Yup, the White Sox - Cubs interleague weekend never disappoints. So, in honor of the event, I'll give a few links to drink by:

1. Green shoots in Soxdom. Jared Mitchell, the Sox' #1 draft pick this year, was voted Outstanding Player as he led his LSU Tigers over the the Texas Longhorns in the College World Series.

2. After they stop serving beer in the 7th inning, just ask Cubs catcher Geovany Soto for a hook-up: man's prolly got some wicked weed...

3. ...which might also explain Lou Piniella's more mellow demeanor...

4. Ex-White sox player Steve Lyons brings the stupid as Dodgers' broadcaster. (I heard this interchange live during the game and sat slack-jawed.)

5. Ozzie Guillen: "Ramirez not as good as me." True dat. Is the manager eligible for the 25-man roster?

6. Just being a Cub isn't enough of a disgrace? No, I guess not #1. No, I guess not #2.

7. Alright, some gratuitous "Cubs suck" stuff.



No comments: