Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Cheney's Memory Deficiency

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Is Our Dick Going Soft?
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


Every time I see Dick Cheney I wonder why he isn't in jail, but then I understand the rule of law and the 5th Amendment, yada, yada, yada. Of course, the hundreds of detainees in Gitmo and other illegal centers have likely done far less damage to our republic than Mr. Cheney, yet were imprisoned with far less evidence against them.

The real question is why sociopaths like Cheney are accepted by the electorate composed of supposedly rational human beings... and I cannot help but think that this basic flaw in human nature, this allowance for truly criminal and destructive behavior in our leaders, will someday lead to the end of our species. I just hope it's more than forty years hence.

No comments: